EXPERT CONSULTANT • TRAINER • EXPERT WITNESS
- 30 years of experience in the field of violence against women
- Acclaimed speaker, consultant and trainer in the U.S. and internationally
- Well-known authority on domestic violence and related post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Founder of hospital DV crisis response team, transitional shelter, advocacy groups and multiple training programs
- Research co-investigator, project director and trauma therapist on studies at National Center for PTSD
- Site coordinator for Lily Endowment-funded RAVE project (Religion and Violence E-learning)
- Expert witness in criminal and civil cases
- Specialty areas: Best practices for serving victims of DV; Identifying, assessing and referring victims of abuse; building collaborations and community partnerships; training in DV prevention and intervention; cross-training in traumatology, mental health, PTSD, substance abuse; dome stic violence and the church; human trafficking
"Julie's resources are extensive, her passion is undeniable, and her pursuit for justice is relentless. Julie is a good person to know when you need help; and she is always there when it matters most."
— Yvonne McJetters, M.Div, NC Certified Peer Support Specialist-Veteran (CPSS-V); U.S. Military Veteran & Consultant
"One of North America's most knowledgeable, dynamic and passionate advocates for women and children victimized by family violence."
— Dr. Barbara Fisher-Townsend, Sociology Instructor University of New Brunswick
The Wonder Years: 40 Women Over 40 on Aging, Faith, Beauty and Strength
Julie was honored to be asked to contribute a chapter to this book, which reached Amazon's #1 bestseller list in two categories: Mid-life Management books, and Christian Inspirational books. The book has also received 5 star rating reviews on Amazon. Edited by the award-winning writer Lesley Leyland Fields, the book features essays by 40 inspirational women writers including Brene Brown, Madeleine L'Engle, Ann Voskamp, Lauren Winner, Elisa Morgan, Kay Warren and others. For information or to purchase the book, CLICK HERE.