EXPERT CONSULTANT • TRAINER • EXPERT WITNESS
- 30 years of experience in the field of violence against women
- Acclaimed speaker, consultant and trainer in the U.S. and internationally
- Well-known authority on domestic violence and related post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Founder of hospital DV crisis response team, transitional shelter, advocacy groups and multiple training programs
- Research co-investigator, project director and trauma therapist on studies at National Center for PTSD
- Site coordinator for Lily Endowment-funded RAVE project (Religion and Violence E-learning)
- Expert witness in criminal and civil cases
- Specialty areas: Best practices for serving victims of DV; Identifying, assessing and referring victims of abuse; building collaborations and community partnerships; training in DV prevention and intervention; cross-training in traumatology, mental health, PTSD, substance abuse; dome stic violence and the church; human trafficking
"Julie's resources are extensive, her passion is undeniable, and her pursuit for justice is relentless. Julie is a good person to know when you need help; and she is always there when it matters most."
— Yvonne McJetters, M.Div, NC Certified Peer Support Specialist-Veteran (CPSS-V); U.S. Military Veteran & Consultant
"One of North America's most knowledgeable, dynamic and passionate advocates for women and children victimized by family violence."
— Dr. Barbara Fisher-Townsend, Sociology Instructor University of New Brunswick
Podcast: The Complexities Behind Domestic Violence Julie was recently interviewed on NPR's On Point radio program, along with Jane Mayer, staff writer for The New Yorker, and Megan McArdle, opinion columnist for the Washington Post.
Webinar: Uncovering the Roots of Violence
Click above to view the May 2018 webinar Julie did with Dr. Riane Eisler and Rev. Dr. Ron Clark. The response was overwhelming. (Thank you the 1200+ registrants!) Participants from all over the world raised incisive questions that call for further conversation, so we are reconvening our panel of anti-violence pioneers to move the dialog forward in a FREE followup webinar, June 27, 2018. LEARN MORE HERE
Podcast: Legal Talk Network
Julie was among the guests On Lawyer 2 Lawyer to discuss the abuse allegations against New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. This episode takes a look inside domestic violence and sexual misconduct cases and the psychology behind the obvious conflict between Schneiderman’s support of the #MeToo movement and women’s issues on the outside and his private behavior as an alleged abuser.